Carson Hot Springs Spa & Golf Resort
Carson Hot Springs were discovered in 1876 by Isadore St.Martin. While on a hunting expedition with a friend, St.Martin noticed steam along the river and found the hot springs bubbling up among the rocks. They marked the spot and St.Martin later filed an Indian Homestead claim on the site.
St.Martin took his wife,Margaret, who suffered for neuralgia, to the hot springs. News of her relief spread rapidly and people began to arrive in great numbers to bathe in the springs. Those early bathers navigated up the Wind River to the original bathhouses.
In 1897, St.Martin began construction on the Historical Hotel, completing it in 1901. The cabins and bathhouse were added in 1923 and are still being used.